Difference

Jess, the Australian girl.
"Hey, Jess, try to say 'water',"
"Wotah?"

Yew Thong, Singapore guy
"So, if you're eating by yourself, you usually say 'I'm eating alone', right?"
Everybody nodded.
"But in Singapore, you can just say 'I eat myself'."

Jacqueline, loves Singlish very much.
"Singlish is about how you speak lazy. It's a lazy English."

Isaac, the Hongkong boy
"Isaac, what does that mean?" I pointed at Mandarin characters.
"Shi... Wo bu che dao, it's read ... (speaking in Mandarin distinctively) and, um, oh sorry did I just speak in Mandarin?"
-__-
"Yeah, you don't say did."

Hui Xin, loves SNSD
I was practicing my Korean.
"Hui Xin, namjak chingu juseyo?"
"HAHA you just said 'give me boyfriend'!"
"HAHA NOOO, I meant 'namjak chingu isseoyo?' (do you have boyfriend?)"
// "Her hair is very straight. Mashiseoyo (delicious)."
"HAHA"
"OH! -__- I meant moshiseoyo (beautiful)!!"

Ain and Ufai, Malaysian students
"Bisa tolong ambilkan sendok?"
"Sorry?"
"Eh, hm, spoon."
"Oh. Di Malaysie ini suduk dan garfu."
"Oh, di Indonesia ini sendok dan garpu."
"Sendok yang itu."
"Oh, itu centong."
"Centong yang untuk mandi."
...
"Itu gayung."

(akan diperbarui lagi kalau ada yang menarik)

1 comments:

riri said...

BAHAHAHAHA!!!
Lucu tuh yang centong..
Mandi pake centong kapan selesai-nya -,-"